Friday, July 11, 2008

Faith




I am not a religious man. I don't go to church. My understanding of faith is built in the fabric of the love that I sense around me. That may be considered by some as a relationship with God, but I don't have a name for it, I just know that it is there.

I've been going though some tough times as of late, and now more than ever I believe in the power of faith.

Faith makes me sure that friends and family will be there when you really just need them to be. Sometimes they'll just know what to say, or when to swing by, even if they don't realize you needed them there at all.

Faith helps me to believe that those that I've hurt will be mended. It makes me understand that that the hurt i have, will dissolve and in time our stitches will hold us closer together than the flesh that was torn away in the first place.

I know that through this, my own ideas about who I am have been questioned. I have faith that I will find answers for them. That I am a man who will not give up on walking the path that teaches me to be the best man that I can be for me, and those that I love and have faith in. I have this faith, for education, understanding, therapy, and rehabilitation.

I don't know what will happen next. I do believe, that i will figure things out, keep growing, and find happiness again when happiness is ready to be found. I have faith in that.

1 comment:

The Lautaha's said...

BRYCE...what a beautiful post. I'm sorry you're in a rough spot right now. I know your strength and beliefs will get you through it. Take care and you know where I'm at if you need a good fob joke to cheer you up.