Saturday, January 16, 2010

Seattle in a flash!

Holy moly that was fast!  This trip was an eating tour to be sure.  We started out slow and steady, so I could bring my bro up to speed with all the favorite places I found last year- breakfast in alki beach, piroshkis at pikes, etc, but it quickly escalated into something else entirely.  The llamas' (leah and john who took me in for thanksgiving last year) took us to pesos, where we nibbled on some of the best pupus ever, ranging from bacon wrapped prawns, to grilled pork loin and cheese sammies. Reids buddy jen showed up to greet us in downtown with a box full of bacon maple bar doughnuts.  Angel and Jack treated us to a home cooked filipino feast.  Peggy took us out to an organic brunch, seasoned with its own fresh fruit and whipped cream bar.  To end things, my brother, peggy and I cooked for all our new friends @ peggys house: fresh sashimi, hawaiian style poke, guava chicken, lemon butter mac nut mahi mahi, and kalbi style short ribs.  We have eaten for 5 days straight, and are ready for a liquid diet in vegas! Pics to follow...

No comments: