Tuesday, April 8, 2008

The Perfect Pancakes

For those of you who know me, you know I'm a breakfast man. If you really know me, you'd know I've been on the search for the perfect pancake recipe. I'm no chef mind you, but I do enjoy cooking. Well, today a friend and I were talkin' about the perfect pancake, and she brought to my attention a detail of which I had previously not considered: the hot oil blemish. She rattled off to me how most people just settle for a pancake riddled with spots, due to an uneven or over greasing of the pan. I then began to consider the alternative: that a pancake with a perfect skin would have to be over an ungreased (or very mildly greased) griddle. Well that was at about 10:30 this morning. By noon, I had visions of perfect hotcakes rolling around in my head. i couldn't help myself. I ran home and attempted to make the perfect pancake. And I think I came pretty damn close. Here it is for you to drool over, and if you want to make your own follow this link [the perfect pancake], and keep the following in mind:

*do 4tbsp of melted butter instead of 3
*separate your eggwhites and stir the whites up 1st before adding to the rest of stuff (prevents over beating for the rising factor)
*feel free to substitute soy milk - IM SERIOUS. It's all I had and you'd never know the diff.
*DO NOT OVERBEAT -just go until most of the lumps are gone, small lumps are OK if you sifted the flour and baking powder.
*The thicker the batter the bigger you should make'em.
Eat'um up folks.

6 comments:

Mike said...

hey Cuz,

Is that a picture of the pancakes that you made? Those look so good! I'm going to try and make some this weekend.

B-bot said...

yep, they are mine! You gotta love how macro can capture the melted edge on the butter...

JohnJohn said...

Dang you Master B.... now I am at my desk totally craving pancakes while starving because some crazy psychotic fight trainer decided I needed to zone diet. Screw the zone diet I am so going to go home and eat pancakes.

Scott Sunaoka said...

hey, no fair teasing, make some for us next time...

Vania said...

Holy cow...I guess I can't be in this club 'cause I use BISQUIK!!!
Hehehe...Hook it up Bryce! I had some pretty sorry excuses for pancakes yesterday from L&L that totally didn't follow your last rule.

Peggy said...

Brycie!!!!
I'll be there next weekend...